iDataMart is a small business contractor managing mission critical projects in the federal government. iDataMart wanted to become more competitive and improve the quality of their software development processes and customer satisfaction. For that reason, they decide to implement a strategy to undertake the effort to become formally appraised (certified) under the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI). Given the budget and time constraints, iDataMart wanted to achieve CMMI, Maturity Level 2 in less than one year.
I would recommend Identika to any company that wants to improve its processesAmalio Escobar, CEO, iDataMart LLCiDataMart hired Identika to help them develop a CMMI implementation strategy, which comprised of the following tasks:
- Provide executive CMMI training to iDataMart’s management team
- Develop a CMMI implementation roadmap and scope, tailored to iDataMart’s organization
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine iDataMart’s “as-is” level of compliance with the CMMI framework
- Develop a detail project plan for implementation of the Service Delivery Policy and preparation for CMMI certification (SCAMPI appraisal)
- Help iDataMart develop a robust and practical set of service delivery policies, procedures, and tools, fully compliant with the CMMI, Maturity Level 2
- Assist with the implementation of the Service Delivery Policy, training on the policy to iDataMart’s staff, and periodic audits of compliance with the Service Delivery Policy
- Provide advice and coaching on periodic management meetings to review metrics of performance and project progress
- Help iDataMart with the selection of a CMMI Auditor
- Assist with the coordination between iDataMart and the CMMI auditor
- Provide consulting services to adjust the Service Delivery Policy and prepare for final SCAMPI appraisal
iDataMart obtained their CMMI Maturity Level 2 certification in less than one year, receiving praise from the official auditor, given iDataMart’s level of commitment and discipline to their Service Delivery Policy.